It feels as quickly as clicking my heels three times. It feels as rattling as a house spinning and falling from the sky. It feels as comfortable and yet disillusioning as waking up in my own bed, seeing my dear family and friends again, and feeling as if I had never left and as if they were there the whole time with me. And I feel love and joy and know in my heart that there is no place like home.
(Nicaragua became a type of home for me for two years, and I will share more about that and how it is similar/different in an eventual Part 2 of this entry)
I want to thank you, family and friends, for supporting me along this journey: pre-departure, during the experience, and now that I have returned. I had an incredible experience in Managua that has had a deep impact on my life; JVC's motto is "Ruined for life" and it's no surprise. I am still processing the effects of the experience, what I learned, who I met, what it meant to me, and what it could mean for others and will write those here when I can organize them more.
In the upcoming months, I will be home on Long Island (and visiting friends!) trying to "reintegrate" to the United States and figuring out where God is leading me next in life. While I do that, I would love to share more of my experiences with you and will keep posting on this blog with reflections on returning home. If you are interested in connecting for pictures or stories, please contact me (margienuzz@gmail.com).
May Peace be with you and your loved ones in these chilly months.
Love,
Margaret
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment