Tuesday, June 30, 2009

special 6







HOLA! HELLO! HOLLA! ALOHA! KASELEHLIA!

Greetings from Washington, DC, where I am trying to establish a new home! Since Nicaragua, I have been from NY to Boston, LA, and DC, Hawaii, Micronesia, Guam, and back, and I am settling down finally in the capitol of the US of A. Saw President Barack the other day on the back porch (of the White House)!

For the visuals I am in the process of posting an album on Facebook with just some of the faces and places that have made these past 6 mos. “the special 6.” It is definitely not all-encompassing as handfuls of people are not included in these photos, but I wanted to give a visual of what some of the past 6 mos have been like since coming back from Nicaragua. (Note: my weight has fluctuated significantly with the decrease of rice and beans and the increase of pizza and bagels, and I am okay with it, for now!) These “special 6” have been challenging and exciting in many ways and certainly loved ones have helped EVERY step of the transition back to the U.S.!

Apparently, transitions never end, which I guess is a good thing because they provide us so much room for growth and change. I am experiencing more transition these days as I get settled in Washington, DC, about to start a job with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps International program (same program, different title). I will work as a Program Coordinator, working directly with the volunteers from the time of application throughout their experiences in the country. I am very excited to start (July 1!) as I find myself still so passionate about the program and the pillars of spirituality, community, social justice, and simple living; I think this will be a great way to continue growing and working in this capacity! And what a better way to kick it off than with the visit of former community mates: James and Mary are visiting Josh and I this weekend in DC! It should be a fun and inspiring time to be together again.

I am planning on trying to keep this blog (if anyone out there is still reading… anyone?... Bueller?) as the adventures of JVC continue. Would love to keep in touch with you too!

Peace,
Margaret






1 comment:

Robert Codescu said...

Hi there !!! I've got installed on my personal blog: http://www.publicistul.blogspot.com/ an COUNTERFLAGS (program who's added automaticaly the flags of the countries where the blog it's accesed) and I don't have your country flag !!! So for that I'll apreciate if you'll click me once on: http://www.publicistul.blogspot.com/ to have your country flag too.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH yours sincerly Robert Codescu from ROMANIA !!!